A Mobile Pass has many advantages. It allows fans to attend multiple events with a single pass. A fan enters the event using the pass; it is redeemed, then the pass will "freeze" for a pre-determined amount of time (Usually 30 minutes - 2 hours) It will then be reset, allowing fans to re-enter for the next game or session.
You will need to start from the dashboard under the Quick Start menu or click “Mobile Pass” in the Places menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
Specific Season Sports Pass
Step 1 - Setting up Your Pass
- From the Event type menu, choose the Specific Sport as your Activity.
- Select the correct Gender & Level. If the gender is unspecified, choose “coed”. You can select multiple levels here as well.
- Define the Dates and Times for the pass to start and end.
- Be sure to have your pass extended from the start of your sports season to the end.
- Specify a name for your pass.
The Ticket Redemption Window is set as the time frame (in hours) for a pass to reset after use. A typical redemption window time would be 1 hour. The ticket redemption window is when a pass will be available after its initial use.
- Venue information will be pulled in directly from your school settings. You can update by clicking Update venue
- Once you're done, click “Next”.
- If you do not want your pass to be available right away, click "Hide this pass from the school's GoFan page" If you have a set time for your passes to go on sale, set a start time by clicking on the toggle that says "Passes go on sale immediately when this event is added" This will bring up a ticket start date window.
- You can Collect Additional Information by using the drop-down arrow. Before a fan purchases the pass, they will be asked to fill out this information. By default, a purchaser's name, email, and phone number will be additional info that will be required.
- Custom event description; Ability to customize your event page with images and robust text formatting to ensure that fans purchasing tickets have necessary and relevant information. Important to note that images should be no larger than ~1000px wide, as a larger image could cause performance issues on both the HQ and GoFan sites.
- Many schools like to Pin to Top mobile passes. This puts your event toward the top of your GoFan page.
- Set a specific number for the Buyer Purchase Limit if you would like to limit how many passes can be allowed per purchase.
- Choose your Event Payment Cycle. This determines how you will get paid. If you choose Calendar Based payment, you will be paid weekly. If you choose Event Based payment, you will be paid after the end date of your pass. Most schools select Calendar Based.
- Once you are done, click "Next"
Step 2 - Creating Ticket Types
- Ticket Availability is the total amount of tickets you want to sell for the tournament. If you don’t want to limit capacity, choose “Unlimited tickets”.
- Ticket Types are the tickets you’d like to sell for the tournament. Click the blue “Add ticket type” button to add a ticket type. If you would like your purchaser to pay the fee, leave this toggle clicked on. If you want your school to absorb the fee, click this toggle off.
- Ticket name will appear on your tournament. The price is the price of your ticket before fees.
- Current status allows you to turn on and off sales.
- Once you've added your ticket types, click "Next"
Step 3 - Review and Publish
Take a quick minute to review your setup. If everything looks good, just hit "Publish Event". If you've set your Mobile Pass to show immediately, your pass should be live on GoFan within 15 minutes.
All Sports Pass
Description: All Sports Passes are created like Season Sports Passes except for these considerations.
- From the Event type menu, choose Digital Season Pass as your Activity.
- Most passes that are good for the whole school year must be Calendar Based for payment. Your school will be paid weekly as passes are sold.
If you would like your fans to receive multiple passes within one transaction, please get in touch with GoFan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An example is a Family Pass that may contain four passes. You would go ahead and set up the pass as if it were for one person, keep the pass "Hidden", and then reach out to GoFan, indicating you would like multiple passes included within that one transaction. One important note: Once a fan transfers a Family Pass, it cannot be transferred back to the original purchaser. The family will have to enter the game together, or the family member will have to log into the purchaser's account using the purchaser's email and password to access the pass.
Description: Tournament Passes are created like Season Sports Passes except for these considerations.
- From the event type menu, choose Specific Sport as your Activity.
- Most tournament passes will need to be Event Based for payment. Your school will be paid after your tournament has ended.
A Tournament Pass may span the length of a 3-day tournament. While a Daily Pass lets your purchasers have all-day access to an event for a specific day. You will have to be aware of the Redemption Window. You may have to set a shorter amount of time.
Adding a tournament pass is very similar to adding any other type of event, with a few specific callouts:
- A form will be added by default for new passes, collecting First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, and Email Address
- The redemption window (in hours) is a required value for mobile pass creation in HQ. This value can be entered in tenths of an hour
- Pass-specific unique links can be created for a pass
Editing a Tournament Pass: Similar to editing an event, only specific values can be edited for an existing mobile pass, depending on the end date of the pass and/or if passes have been sold.
- When viewing a mobile pass, you will see what the pass will look like for the fan - instead of the ticket view that is visible on events
- There is no ability to add an opponent or participant school to a mobile pass event
View and Manage Pass: Like the fan management feature for tickets, you can view and manage the fans who purchase a mobile pass. The view/sort/download functionality is the same for mobile passes as for events. There are a few specific callouts for mobile pass events, however:
- You can see how many times each pass has been used from the Redemption Count column on the table of attendees
- The redemption time of a mobile pass will show the most recent time the pass was used
- Additional form information collected can be viewed in the Attendee profile by selecting the fan's email address
Comp a Tournament Pass: We've introduced some new functionality in HQ, allowing you to generate comp pass(es) for fans.
- Just like on the complimentary ticket(s) for an event, email address and quantity are required inputs
- For a comp mobile pass, the First Name and Last name of the pass holder are also required