GoFan offers the ability for a fan to permanently transfer a mobile pass to another fan's GoFan account. A mobile pass may only be transferred one time. Once accepted, there is no ability to cancel or revert the transfer. A transferred pass will be accessible via the 'My Tickets' section for both the original purchaser and the transferee, but can only be used/redeemed by the transferee (original purchaser will see the pass simply as a proof of purchase). Please enter the email of the recipient carefully. There is no way for GoFan to see who you have transferred your passes to.
Viewing a Mobile Pass - From your GoFan Account, view Tickets Icon on the bottom.
Transfer a Mobile Pass - After you purchase at least 1 mobile pass, you will see the 'Transfer' option when viewing the pass in the top right.
- You may only select one mobile pass to transfer at a time if you have multiple.
- You will be required to enter a properly formatted email address to send the transfer request.
- After you transfer the pass, you can see the transferred pass(es) on the 'Transferred' tab within My Tickets for the mobile pass event.
Cancelling a Transfer - Once a mobile pass transfer request has been sent, but before it has been accepted, the original purchaser (transferor) and/or the transferee can cancel the transfer.
- The transferor can cancel the Mobile Pass Transfer from the Transferred tab of the My Tickets section, using the 'Cancel' button.
- The transferee can cancel the Mobile Pass Transfer from the transfer URL, by using the 'Decline' button.
You can also transfer Tickets or Passes by clicking on the Transfer Tickets icon on the bottom of the screen. You will be prompted to enter the email address of the recipient.
Accessing a Mobile Pass - Once a mobile pass has been accepted by the transferee, the pass can be accessed via the My Tickets section of the GoFan site or iOS app. The original purchaser (transferor) has the ability to view the transferred pass, but does not have the ability to use the pass once it has been accepted by the transferee.
- The transferor can confirm that a mobile pass transfer request has been accepted by viewing the mobile pass
- When transferred, the status on the pass will show as Pending and will appear in red
- Once accepted, the status on the pass will show as Accepted and will appear in green
- The transferee can confirm the date the pass was accepted from the My Tickets section, where the pass will show as Transferred
CLICK HERE for a quick video on how to use a mobile pass.